The UFPTI for the Children Fund (the Fund) is associated with the University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute (UFPTI) and is a 501C3 fully tax deductible foundation (EIN NO. 59-0974739).
Goal 1: The Fund was initiated in April 2011 by prostate cancer patients at UFPTI with the goal to reduce the fear children have while receiving proton treatment for their brain tumors.
Goal 2: In addition, the Fund helps parents and family members cope with the many challenges they face while their children are receiving treatment and battling for their lives.
Fund raising is driven by former and present prostate cancer patients who have been treated at UFPTI.
For more information about the Fund, please contact
Dave Powell, Chairman of UFPTI for the Children Fund
To donate to the Fund, click here or you can mail your check or donation questions to: UFPTI for the Children Fund, Director of Development - 2015 N. Jefferson St., Jacksonville, FL 32206
What the Fund Provides:
- Child Life Specialist - Helps promote effective coping through play, preparation, and education during difficult test, procedures and various types of treatments.
- Artist-in-Residence -Leads children and their families through hands-on art projects to help occupy them as they wait for treament.
- Van Transportation - A dedicated driver and multi-passenger van trasport families to and from the facility.
- Family Support - Family Fun Nights, offered by the Social Work and Child Life Departments features a communal atmosphere for socializing and support, followed by hands-on entertainment to aid in normalizing patients' lives away from home.
- Personalized Blanket & Gator - Each child receives a colorful blanket and a stuffed UF Gator to keep them warm and provide confort during treatments.
- iPads - Custom videos and realistic sound effects help enhance the planning and rehersal skills required for successful delivery of proton therapy.